At Ribbon Biolabs we are taking synthetic biology to the next level!
Ribbon Biolabs is a small biotech company with locations in Vienna and in Klosterneuburg (outskirts of Vienna) developing the next technological wave of error-proof DNA synthesis. With our approach, we are developing a cost-efficient platform to produce long and complex DNA molecules, thereby enabling a new generation of biopharmaceutical processes and other synthetic biology products.
Ribbon Biolabs counts with multiple sources of funding including public grants and VC equity from tecnet equity and IST Cube (the investment fund of the world-renowned Institute of Science & Technology – IST Austria, ranked third worldwide by Nature in the “Nature Index 2019”). We are running a new, state-of-the art laboratory at IST Park in Klosterneuburg and our association with IST Austria allows for access to their scientific services and facilities.
The successful candidate will join a small, agile and interdisciplinary team as soon as possible. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the company and to live and work in or near the city of Vienna, which is repeatedly ranked by Mercer as the city with the highest quality of life in the world.
We are looking for a PhD-level scientist with:
- The motivation and commitment to contribute to making a young startup successful
- Over 3 years of industry experience (whether small biotech or big Pharma)
- Strong publication record in the biosciences or other relevant disciplines
- Proven track record and demonstrated capability of innovative problem solving
- Structured, organised and self-driven kickstarter
- Demonstrated team leadership and communication skills
- Socially inclusive personality and mindset
- Dedication to quality, precision and detail
Desired qualification and experience:
- PhD in biochemistry, or alternatively in molecular, synthetic biology, or biotechnology but with strong proven focus on biochemistry
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in biochemistry (DNA, RNA, and proteins)
- Knowledge of general molecular biology and biochemical techniques (PCR, cloning etc.)
- Excellent skills in planning, designing and trouble-shooting biochemical assays
- Basic knowledge in DNA quantitative analytical technologies is considered a plus
- Practical knowledge of miniaturization, lab-on-a-chip, or microfluidics are a plus
- Computational skills are a plus
- Meticulousness and talent for organisation
- Ability to work in a team and pursue goals in a focused way
- Excellent written / oral communication skills in English
- Full health and social benefits according to Austrian law.
- Possibility to crucially contribute to the translation of Ribbon’s product towards market entry and operational scale-up within a young and agile team.
- Opportunity to contribute to a young company in the new, evolving synthetic biology market.
- Join a highly motivated team, including team activities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Support for professional development training and German lessons.
- We offer a competitive salary adjusted according to experience and qualification.
Job type: Full time (40h per week)
Location: This role is for laboratory operations at IST Park in Klosterneuburg
Availability: We expect to fill the position as soon as possible
Remuneration: EUR 4,276.20 (bruto) per month paid 14 times p.a. and contributions to standard Austrian Social Security including health benefits. Salary may be adjustable according to fit, experience and qualification
How to apply: Applicants should provide a cover letter explaining the motivation behind the application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Considerations of the applications will continue until the position is filled.
Ribbon Biolabs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. While focusing on the right set and mix of experience and skills, we support equal opportunities and highly embrace diversity.
The team at Ribbon Biolabs is very much looking forward to your application!
Corona Lockdown Update: Ribbon Biolabs continues to receive applications for the Senior Scientist Biochemistry position. We are in progress and doing our best to move ahead with the recruiting process for this position through this time and ensure we can onboard the selected candidate as soon as the conditions allow it.